Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My Tuesday Morning...

I am in Carlisle listening to David Lim speak on the "Gifts of the Spirit." He talked about how ALL of us can use ALL of the gifts. It was powerful. He talked about the fact that no one has a certain gift. You know what I mean? Some people say they have the gift of prophecy or healing but that is an untrue statement. The correct statement would be that they operate in those gifts more than other people and other gifts but they do not have that gift or possess that gift. Remember, God possesses all of the gifts and gives them out to all. If we are willing to seek the Lord and be ready to listen and be used any time, we can operate in any of the gifts.

In fact, after he taught, we took time to worship the Lord and listen to what He would speak to all of us. David Lim wrote down somethings that he felt God was speaking and then he had us share what we thought God was speaking. Do you know what? Everyone was hearing the same things. Do you know what else? Even I heard from the Lord.

I have to admit that I had fear when it came to the "Gifts of the Spirit." But that fear came from an improper view of the "Gifts." As I am learning about the "Gifts," I am beginning to better understand them and my part in seeing them operate in my life.

Oh, and what God showed me was that He was going to bring healing in the use of the Gifts of the Spirit to the church. This was shared many different ways today so I knew that God had spoken to me. It was very exciting. Oh and when I heard this, I didn't get goose bumps or feel like I was taken to a super natural plain. It was just something that the Lord dropped into my heart. It was awesome. Then when we began to worship the Lord again, the Lord dropped this in my heart, "Victory is in Jesus!" I am so excited. I am overcoming fear and learning how to truly see the "Gifts" at work in my life. Praise the Lord! And I can't wait to share with you all that I'm learning and begin to see the "Gifts" at work in all of your lives as well. Remember this prophetic word: "VICTORY IS IN JESUS!"

Somebody get your PRAISE on!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Craig! Great to hear about the news of your journey in the gifts of the spirit this week! I wanted to send you some links to several posts on my blog. This summer I went to a six week prophetic boot camp at an amazing apostolic church. In these posts are my notes and experiences throughout the summer. I think that they might be able to give some more insight! Let me know what you think.

http://jackthomas.us/2008/07/19/prophetic-ministry-everyone-can-do-it/

http://jackthomas.us/2008/07/21/prophetic-ministry-everyone-can-do-it-part-2/

http://jackthomas.us/2008/07/24/prophetic-ministry-everyone-can-do-it-part-3/

http://jackthomas.us/2008/07/31/the-prophetic-everyone-can-do-it-part-4/

http://jackthomas.us/2008/08/07/the-prophetic-everyone-can-do-it-part-5/

http://jackthomas.us/2008/08/14/the-prophetic-everyon-can-do-it-part-6/