Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy

I have become a bad blogger. With the start of coaching basketball, the thanksgiving dinner we did for the community (which was very successful), starting small groups in January, studying for my sermon series on the Gifts of the Spirit, trying to buy a parking lot, I think that's it but I'm not sure, it has been tough to sit down and type my thoughts. I'm not complaining, just letting you all know what I've been doing.

Right now I would like to ask everyone for their prayers. We are in the process of possibly putting a bid on a building that burned down and is being cleaned up right now, to turn it into a parking lot. That's right. We are going to pave paradise and put up a parking lot. Well, it's not really paradise but it would be a great parking lot. I think the process might be a little easier if the guy who owns the area had just named a price but instead he has asked for us to bid on it. I don't know if we will get it because I've been told we are up against a bank and a local Ford City business, but God does and He will take care of everything. I've done my homework and now tonight I will present the information at a church business meeting for members/partners to decide if we are going to bid, how much to bid, and what to do if we are the winning bid.

I believe a parking lot would be very big in us breaking the growth barrier of 110 that we are at as a church and I know that God knows this. Satan knows this as well and would try to do anything to keep us from this. So, whether you are a member/partner, or just someone who calles New Life Center home, join me in praying for a parking lot and specifically, for this piece of ground that God would have His way and that Satan would be defeated in the process. It doesn't matter what giant (bank) might come our way, God can slay any giant.

No comments: