Tuesday, June 9, 2009

It's a Conversation, Not a Presentation!

After a powerful challenge from Mark Cahill, I knew I had to change the way I walked through my day. If you missed it, Sunday morning he kept clicking his fingers representing seconds gone by. Every second two people die. And by the time you lay your head on the pillow at night, another 150,000 have gone into eternity. He then asked if we cared about those 150,000, and if we did were we willing to do something about it. That something was sharing the good news of Jesus!

He challenged us by saying we can worship God declaring how awesome He is and how wonderful He is, but we don't obey His command to go make disciples. Powerful stuff.

It challenged me because I need to share my faith more often. So today at the YMCA playing basketball, I began a conversation with a man. It was really hot in the gym, so I used that to start a conversation. I said it was hot but not as hot as they say hell is. It lead to a great conversation where he told me he was a born again Christian. Praise the Lord.

I want to grow bolder and bolder by the power of the Holy Spirit everyday. If I want to see great change in Ford City and Kittanning it isn't going to happen inside a building, namely the church. It's going to happen outside the 0hurch on the streets.

Let's all hit the streets. I look forward to hearing testimonies of what God does through us all as we share the love of Christ. Be ready to share this Sunday.

No comments: