Thursday, July 23, 2009

What I'm Reading and Listening Too

I figured I'd let everyone know what I'm reading and listening to. In case anyone was wondering. (I am hoping to do this more often so that people have a list of books and CD's to look into buying.)

What I'm listening to... The Glorious Unseen. I heard about them from David Santistevan, worship leader at Allison Park Church. Great music. I'm enjoying listening to this CD called "Tonight the Stars Speak". They also have a new CD coming out in August.
On another note, I'm looking forward to a new Jesus Culture CD coming out in August. And the new David Crowder Band CD coming out in September.

I finished up a book by Wayne Cordeiro called "Leading on Empty." It deals with ways to keep from burning out in ministry and if you have burned out in ministry, how to slowly find healing. Another book I finished was, "The Covenant" by James L. Garlow. I plan on doing a small group on this book starting in September.
Currently, I am reading a book by George O. Wood, Gerneral Superintendent of the Assemblies of God, called "Living in the Spirit." This book offers a comprehensive compilation of perspectives concerning the person and ministry of the Holy Spirit. He shares his desire that Pentecostals resist being content with memories of powerful past experiences and instead seek to be overwhelmed by the Spirt and demonstrate the enduring evidence of His fullness.
And "Spiritual Leadership" by J. Oswald Sanders. A book that has principles of excellence for every believer.

No comments: