Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Who is Jesus to You?

In the sermon series we are in here at the NLC called "American Idol" I encouraged the people this past Sunday to ask the Lord to reveal Himself to them so that they could answer the question posed to the disciples, "Who do you say I am?" (Luke 9:18-21) When Peter answers, "The Christ" Jesus, in Matthew's account (Matthew 16:17), said that God revealed that to him and not man. It's the only way we can answer that question, God reveals Himself to us. I can't tell you who Jesus is to you. You must seek Him out.
So as I spent time praying asking God to reveal Himself to me I thought of the commercial for "G." If you don't know what G is it's Gatorade's new logo and ad campaign. Why would I think of that? Because they say that Gatorade is a difference maker. As I was praying I just felt like God revealed Himself to me as the "Difference Maker". In every situation I find myself in, He is my difference maker. That is who God is to me.
Gatorade has a lot of things it claims to do for you. God has proven what He can do for us if we allow Him to be our difference maker.
So what is God speaking to you? What is He showing you? Ask Him to reveal Himself to you as you pray, read scripture, and enjoy creation. Let Him speak into your spirit and then leave a comment. I would love to hear what God is showing you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very Good Post Craig.