Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Opportunity is Knocking... KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK

Acts 3:12 NLT says, "Peter saw his opportunity and addressed the crowd." The word opportunity really jumped out at me today. The situation we have here is, Peter and John have just done a miracle in the name of Jesus. Seeing this miracle, people begin to gather around them. Since people are gathering around them, Peter seizes this divine opportunity and begins to preach the gospel.

My question for us is, are we seeing all of the opportunities that God is giving us? And, are we seizing those opportunities to be a witness for Jesus? Those opportunities might be preaching the gospel, visiting someone who is sick or in the hospital, calling someone just to let them know you are thinking about them, and the list could go on. Maybe you could leave comments on other opportunities that God has given you to minister to others through preaching the gospel or sharing His love. Let me know.

Be encouraged to be open to every opportunity that God gives us to glorify the name of Jesus. May none of us get caught up in our own selves and our own problems that we fail to see the opportunities that are presented to us. May there be many testimonies from us as we are faithful to seize the opportunities presented to us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think we need to get to the place where we not only recognize the opportunities but pray for them to open up. No matter what is going on in our own lives, seize the opportunity when it arises. Just the other day I felt led to talk to a person while waiting for work to be done on my car. Instead I allowed other things such as the repair bill, and the rest of my day's schedule to occupy my mind to the point that I didn't say much other than small talk. The guy even brought up world events which opened the door wide enough to drive a truck through, but still I didn't! We need to pray for more passion for souls as well as the power and boldness to do it.