Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Remember...

Do you remember the game Pac-Man? I do. I used to play it on the original Atari system. What a game. Here is a brief overview of the game to jog any memories. Pac-Man has to eat pellets that are lined up on a maze. To keep him from his task are 4 ghosts named Blinky, Pinky, Inky, and Clyde. To stop the ghosts, Pac-Man has 4 POWER pellets that he can eat and then chomp the ghosts. It was a great game.

This all leads me to the new series that we will be starting this Sunday, April 13. It is entitled, "POWER UP!" I look forward to looking into God's Word and seeing what He has to say to us about powering up to face the challenges of today. And yes, we will look at how our lives correlate with Pac-Man's. I truly look forward to all that God will do in releasing His power to help us POWER UP! Look forward to seeing you there and please, invite a friend.

I also wanted to take time to thank Tim and Katie Bennett and their daughter Emily for a wonderful time at church this past Sunday. What a wonderful ministry they have as evangelists. The word he spoke on "Identity Theft" was powerful. I look forward to them coming back again in the future.

I have to say that the thing that stuck out most to me from this past Sunday, and that I think I will never forget, was his thoughts on why we need baptized in the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues. In case you missed it, he mentioned how our tongue is uncontrollable (James 3) and that when we are baptized in the Holy Spirit God takes control of our tongue and we speak in other languages. What better part of the body for God to take control of than the one part that is uncontrollable for us as humans. It was a revelation to me and the reason why we need to seek being baptized in the Holy Spirit everyday. So let us seek the baptism in the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues, whether you need filled for the first time or the hundredth time.

No comments: