Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Check This Out!

Our noon time prayer and fasting has been going on for almost one month. During this time the mayor of Ford City has stopped in for prayer. We have also had a testimony from one business saying how things have been improving for them and they thanked us for our prayers. Awesome! We are believing in God for miracles, signs and wonders, and just an all out move of the Holy Spirit here in Ford City and Kittanning. That God would release His peace and property as we call out to Him. Prayers are already being answered and I believe that there will be countless testimonies as we continue to pray. In fact, we are so excited about what God is doing that we are going to continue to pray throughout October.

Disclaimer: I want to encourage people that we don't get focused on turning this into something that it is not. I picture it like this... riding a horse bareback. Now I've never ridden a horse so I can't tell you from experience, but I just feel that we need to ride what God is doing bareback. We are not, I repeat not, getting weird or anything. I just want to see the Holy Spirit continue to have His reign in what we are doing. To many times we start out riding the horse bareback but before to long we put a blanket down on the horses back, then we get the saddle out, then we add the bit in the mouth, and pretty soon we have what we always have. But sometimes what we always have had just isn't the best or nearly enough. We want to ride this horse bareback and let Jesus lead the horse where He wants it to go. I hope you are seeing what I'm saying here. We want the Holy Spirit to direct and lead this the entire time. May mans fear and flesh be defeated and Christ have full reign.

I have an enthusiasm about what we are doing and I'm praying for sustained enthusiasm in me and in all of us. May we not die down, get tired, throw in the towel, until the gates of Hell have been stormed, torn down, and the powers of darkness defeated! Come on!

4 comments:

Chuck King... said...

You go, Bro.! I'm riding bareback with you!---Chuck King

Chuck King... said...

You go, Bro.! I'm riding bareback with you!---Chuck King

Tina Cholak said...

There is so much going on in me I would need a publisher to share it all!!!My spirit feels revived cleased and ready for battle.I cannot express enough how excited I am to have a Pastor willing to step aside and allow the Holy Spirit to have free reign!It's funny you mentioned bareback,just this morning I heard the Holy Spirit say "Hold on for the Ride"!!!Holy Spirit have your way!!!! Burn in us ! Let's crucify our flesh so we can arise in resurrection power!!If we do things the old way we'll get old results.The Holy Spirit has a new way a better way! Let's ride bareback and see where he takes us! GLORY!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm going to hold on and enjoy the ride !