Monday, September 24, 2007

It's GREAT!

It's great to be the pastor of the New Life Center. I enjoy everyone who calls this church their home. We are truly seeing "new life" come to many hearts in this church, and in the churches in this community, and I believe we will continue to see God do even greater things. I want to encourage each of you to continue to pray and examine yourself. All we can do is examine ourselves and see where we are at with God. Ask yourself if there is anything you need to repent of. God will bring it to light. Ask God to seek out every crack and crevice where sin might be hiding and bring it into His marvelous light so that it can be dealt with and done away with. We do not want to give Satan a foothold that would keep us from experiencing the life that a relationship with Jesus brings. If there is anger, then forgiveness is the answer. If there is guilt, then confession and restitution is the answer. If there is greed, then giving is the answer. If there is jealousy, then praise is the answer. Remember Hebrews 12:1, "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."

Also, please take time this week to read over Ezekiel 37 and through the book of 1 John (it's only 5 chapters). There are many powerful truths in those scriptures that will challenge us. Be blessed in all that you do this week. May it all be done in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ! Amen.

4 comments:

Tina Cholak said...

Sometimes when God shows us our sin it is hard to deal with.Pride sets in and denial.It's hard to go to someone and ask for forgiveness.It takes humility.Although I rejoice in the disipline of the Lord.It means He loves me and in the end it will produce rightousness.I think personal revival happens when we listen to the voice of the Lord and respond in repentance.Evan today I missed community prayer because I felt I needed that hour to be alone with God to repent of some junk he revealed to me.I'm so greatful He never leaves us or forsakes us!!!

Anonymous said...

I agree with you and Tina. A lot of folks are in severe sin denial. It is stuff that they have held onto for so long that they don't even know that it is sucking the very spiritual life out of them.
Deut. 5:29,32-33 says " Oh, that their hearts would be inclined to fear me and keep all my commands always, so that it might go well with them and their children forever! So be careful to do what the LORD your God has commanded you; do not turn aside to the right or to the left. Walk in all the way that the LORD your God has commanded you, so that you may live and prosper and prolong your days in the land that you will possess." The only way to be blessed is by obedience.

Chuck King... said...

Good word! We are in agreement!

Trimarchi Warriors said...

I have prayed so many times "create in me a clean heart" and he answered that through a verse that sombody gave me. "I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your impurities and form all your idols. I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws." Ezekiel 36:25-27 and it was an answer to prayer.