Monday, October 29, 2007

Patience in Pregnancy


I was reminded yesterday morning as we were worshipping God through music and our voices, about being patient and waiting on Him. A few months ago I shared how I believe God is birthing something new here at the NLC and in the community just like He gave a son to Abraham and Sarah, though they thought that they were to old to have children. My thoughts were on how this church has been in Ford City since 1978 but that does not make us to old to give birth to something new here. It only takes us believing in Jesus Christ and what He can do in and through us.


Those dreams of giving birth to something new have brought an increased desire for God and His supernatural power to work in our church and the community. But it has also brought about anxiety on my part. I want to see what He is going to do NOW! which can bring about anxiety or even disappointment because we haven't seen great big tangible evidence of this whole process. (We have seen some wonderful things happen during this time and I do not want to take anything from those things, but in human perspective they have been small and not the great big things that we all long for.)


I know that it led me to some disappointment of not seeing bigger things. But God reminded me this past week that for an expectant mother, thanks to Bethany who shares with me what she is going through during her pregnancy, they don't feel anything for the first few months of the pregnancy but that doesn't mean something is not there. It's there all the time, growing and maturing. And that is where I believe we are. We are in a growing and maturing time where we don't always know if something is growing or not. But I believe the KICK is coming soon. Just like the expectant mother gets that first kick to let them know "Mommy I'm here," I believe that God is going to give us a kick to let us know "NLC/Armstrong County I'm here." It's coming, do you believe?


Let us not grow disappointed with not seeing BIG things because God is doing things little by little. Let us not take for granted those little things that He is doing but appreciate that God is at work and that He is birthing something new here in all of us. The process has started and He will bring it to completion. I BELIEVE!

1 comment:

BurttBunch said...

I feel this same way! I feel like nothing is happening in my life but maybe its because its still growing! Thanks for the encouragement. Check out my blog!
Congrats again on your test! I am SO proud of ya big bro!