Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Baby Jesus at Dollar Tree

I know that celebrating Christmas has become a battle in todays culture. But maybe it has been a battle for far longer than we might think. Christmas is all about Jesus. But through the years we (Christians) have turned it into a "Wants" list for things that we don't really need, just like the world. Now that it is turning into Happy Holidays we all get upset, but shouldn't we be upset at what it was turned into years ago? I'm not putting down getting gifts or buying gifts for others, I enjoy those things, but when I'm buying a gift for someone I really have to ask myself is this a want or an absolute need or just something to buy for someone to continue to fill their toy box or closet. I'm not saying this to be a Scrooge or anything, just questions that I struggle with in todays culture. I would rather give to missions and to causes that really have a need for money so that they can reach out to those who are hurting and desperate. What do you think?

On another note... Debby Fazekas just shared with me about buying a Nativity set at Dollar Tree and how she was so excited to find one so nice there. The store clerk was smiling at her and asking her some questions and the others in line behind her were smiling as well at her joy of finding Baby Jesus in the Dollar Tree. She really felt that it was a divine moment. That is something to get excited about. Praise the Lord for opportunities like that. May all of us have many experiences like that this Christmas season.

1 comment:

BurttBunch said...

I agree. We have SO much and half of it we are not thankful for! Nice pic of Isaiah too! He is a sweetie! Always smiling. I hope he stays that way.