Monday, February 4, 2008

Yesterday

Yesterday, what a powerful gathering we had. Do you believe God is doing something at the NLC? I do. He just continues to show His unfailing love to us. I have to admit, I was excited about beginning this new series "The Most Extreme Relationship" and looking at relationships from a Biblical perspective, also thoughts from a book called "Going all the Way" by Craig Groeschel. I just wasn't sure if I was prepared enough to present the first point... Making Jesus your #1. But God moved in a powerful way from the beginning with the singing of a new song, my son Isaiah's favorite, "Promises" by Jared Anderson, and going on to our worship time with a powerful demonstration of tongues and interpretation that went right along with the message (before I said anything about what I was preaching), the preaching of the Word, and communion.

Continue to think about what Jesus said with the lifting of the cup and telling the disciples to drink. In the Jewish wedding ceremony, when a young man found a woman he would marry, he would pour a cup of wine drink from it signifying that he would give his life for her and then set it down for her. If she drank she was saying yes to his proposal. If she didn't drink, she was saying no. So we have a proposal from Jesus as soon as we are born and come to understand what He has done for us. "Will you marry me?" The answer is up to us. So what is your answer? It is a big commitment. But it is the first commitment we must make in order to have any relationship with anyone else. What do you think?

No comments: