Monday, May 18, 2009

The Importance of Worship

I got this off of Pastor Jeff Leake's blog. And he got it from Johannes Amrtizer who wrote a post about the power and intimacy of worship a few days ago. This is a great post and shows the importance of worship. Let me know what you think.

About a week ago I had lunch with a friend in Norway who has a priest education and also has a great insight in the Greek language... He reads old New Testament Greek like I read English, sort of... Our talk drifted to praise and worship... Geir, that is his name, then tells me that the Greek word in the origin text used for "worship" in the New Testament actually means "to lean in and kiss"... This tidbit of information exploded within me and the curiosity in me asked on... Yes Geir continues to say that the word for worship could just as well be translated "to kiss intimately and deeply..." Imagine that I have finally received a good explanation of what worship not only is but means and is all about. From now on it will be easy to explain to new believers and fresh disciples why worship has such depth and always is so refreshing!When two people who are in love kiss, then intimacy and closeness between the two is created, but at the same time it also refreshes... To worship and honor God is in other words to kiss God initimately, deeply, and with passion! Worship will created closeness, joy as well as ignite and kindle the fire! I love worship!

We have to worship in the right place! Worshipping God early in the morning in the kitchen or in a house church among disciples is wonderful as well as refershing but maybe not so in the city square or in front of unbelievers... I have been thinking... I have always felt kinda embarrased when I have seen a couple making out in the open, on the commuter train or on a bus... On the verge of offensive and unpleasant... When it comes to kissing one does not want to be an observer. Worship should not be observed. Worship should not be performed or showed in concert form. This is why we in Mission SOS have drawn a clear line between festival music / Christian performance and praise and worship. When seekers are present a message is to be proclaimed or lovesickly smeared in . Worship is for Jesus loving disciples but probably belongs more in the prayer closet and in the church service with and among believers rather than in public, in society. Worship may never be exploited. Praise and worship is to kiss God in Spirit and in Truth, just as Jesus said! (John 4:23-24) Kiss God a lot this summer - It will make you crazy for him!!

6 comments:

Charls Chambers said...

Hi Pastor Craig; My wife & I have have learned that only through Intimate DEEP Worship & Praise can you get your Spirit & Soul where it needs to be & Hungers for. I can not get any closer to God unless I submit
to His Spirit in Free Uninhibited Praise! this Heals my innermost Soul.there is no better Joy than this kind of Free worship. I can see we are on our way I am hoping for a special Night of Praise only in the future. I know some that will be there, LOVE in Jesus our Lord Charles & Beverly Chambers

Anonymous said...

I inclination not acquiesce in on it. I regard as warm-hearted post. Especially the title-deed attracted me to read the whole story.

Anonymous said...

Genial post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

Amiable post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.

Anonymous said...

Good news

We do not agree with this year BRITs 2010 decision.

Please visit our little web poll

http://micropoll.com/t/KDqOnZBCWt

Lady Gaga can not be better than ?????

Poll supported by BRIT awards 2010 sponsor femmestyle
[url=http://www.femmestyle.ch/schoenheitschirurgie/brustvergroesserung/index.html]brustvergrößerung[/url]

PRINCE HARRY WISHES HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BRIT AWARDS
With a special birthday message from Prince Harry for the 30th Anniversary of the BRIT Awards

Anonymous said...

It isn't hard at all to start making money online in the underground world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]blackhat hacking[/URL], Don’t feel silly if you don't know what blackhat is. Blackhat marketing uses alternative or little-understood avenues to build an income online.