Monday, March 3, 2008

ALABASTER...

I enjoyed the beginning of our "The Reason I Live" series. Gary Baum shared a powerful testimony of what God did in his life. I look forward to hearing other testimonies as the weeks go on of what God did in peoples lives.

Thinking back to Luke 7:36-50, I want to encourage us to be people who come to the Lord's feet with alabaster jars. Not that we really have to have a jar, but coming to His feet in humility with the earthen vessels that we are. Laying at His feet every morning and knowing that He will be with us throughout the day.

Let us be people who passionately pursue Jesus. And that everything we do screams that Jesus is truly the reason that I live.

I share a testimony from today to encourage you all. I was going to a meeting earlier today and on the way across the Kittanning Bridge there was a man who ran out of gas right as you get on the bridge near Applewald. He was backing up traffic and no body was helping him get his car off the bridge. I pulled over and helped him push his car off the bridge and then took him to get a can of gas. He only had a few cents on him and was heading to the scrap yard to make some money. I bought him a gallon of gas and then took him back. He thanked me and I just let him know that I wanted to be a servant like Jesus and that was what it's all about. What a beautiful moment. I pray for him that he was truly touched to the heart and that one day I will see him serving the Lord.

Be blessed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Craig,

This is Rachael Boyko (Sumy) just saying hi! I can't beleive you have a son and almost a little girl too! thats great! :)
Al and I are back in PA as I am attending CMU for a healthcare masters program and tomorrow I leave for South Africa (going with school for spring break!).

Hope all is well with you! Don't know if you are on facebook, but if you are look me up!

Rachael