Monday, March 31, 2008

My Meeting with the Mayor

I didn't get a chance last week to share how my meeting with Mayor Mantini went. So I thought I would take time today to let you all know. It went well. I was able to listen to him and encourage him in all that he goes through as a mayor. As he spoke, I couldn't help but think how he faced many of the same challenges that a pastor does and this because we both are dealing with people. I asked him my main question for the day, "What we could do to help him in building and blessing our community." His answer wasn't what I expected but one that I through prayer we all can accomplish. "We all" referring to everyone that makes up the NLC and the whole body of Christ in this county. He told me whatever ideas I could come up with to aid the community he would try and support. So there you have it. What do you think we can do to help build and bless this community for Jesus? If you have any ideas, leave a comment. I look forward to what God will speak to us as we seek Him. This community needs you to let God work through you. Amen.

On another note, I gave him a brochure for our Buy-A Biosand Filter to help bring clean water to the people of Africa. I am praying that this is something that the community can back to bless the nations. Pray with me that we see money come in to bring clean drinking water to Africa. I know we face a lot of price increases with oil going up, but we must always be faithful to bring the tithe and offerings into the storehouse. Remember, God is in control of oil not OPEC or any other company. Jesus will take care of you as you keep first things first.

No comments: