Monday, March 17, 2008

Observations

Since Bethany had the baby, I thought I would share some thoughts from the process. We were believing that the birth of this baby was prophetic for the church as we enter a new season. As I began to think through this, the Lord gave me some thoughts. One was that though we were ready, we were not really ready. I guess you could say we were ready to a point but there was still things to be done when she woke me up at 2:30 Monday morning telling me we needed to get ready to go. I was not prepared for her to say that to me at 2:30 in the morning. I was in a deep sleep and was startled by the announcement. But never the less, I jumped into action to get ready to leave. So as a church, we can be ready, but we will never be completely ready for what God wants to do. Try and try as we might, when He decides to move, we will only be able to react with what we have prepared and then we'll just have to move forward.

Another thing was that when it was time to have the baby, it only took an hour. This, to me, symbolized that when God is ready, it will happen and it will be quick.

Let's not diminish the small beginnings but embrace every step of the way as God prepares us to give birth to new ministry in this area. I don't believe there will be enough time to blog all of the things God will do here in the NLC and the community. Let's continue to seek Him and if there are any thoughts that God gives you as we continue to look toward Him in giving birth to spiritual things, send me a message. I want to hear from you.

No comments: