Monday, July 14, 2008

Can't Come Down!

What a blessed day yesterday! We started Sunday morning out with the reading of Joshua 6:15-16, the blowing of the shofar, and the people shouting for the city. I truly believe that the Lord has given us this city and that there is still greater things to be done in this city.

Sometimes I don't always appreciate all that God is doing here, nor do I always acknowledge it. Forgive me Lord! I truly repent for that. Lately, I've been so focused on where we are going as a church and being stretched in areas that need stretching that I can fail to see what God is doing and get focused on the task at hand. Just like in Nehemiah 4:10 where it says, "Meanwhile, the people in Judah said, 'The strength of the laborers is giving out, and there is so much rubble that we cannot rebuild the wall.'" They had already done a lot of work on the wall but it paled in comparison with the rubble of rocks that was still left. It was enough to knock the wind out of their sails.

Many times this is how I can begin to feel. Then God begins to remind me of all that He is doing and has done and that if I will keep on saying, just like Nehemiah when confronted by his enemies "I can't come down", then things will continue to move forward. God has placed me here for such a time as this and I must use every second wisely in spreading the kingdom of God. And that goes for you as well. God has placed you here for such a time as this. There are many things that can get us down and cause us to take our eyes off of Jesus and put it on the rubble around us. Big mistake! For the rubble around us will one day be the foundation and walls in our relationship with Jesus, if we will hold on and keep our focus.

So repeat after me... "I CAN'T COME DOWN, Satan!"

Thanks to Amber (Good) Davidson for the sermon on the phrase "I can't come down." She preached on this while we were both at VFCC at a chapel one day and it has stuck with me ever since.

No comments: