Tuesday, July 22, 2008

What a Start!

Sunday we began our series, Overhaulin, which will take us through the summer. I am really excited about this series for what it means for our church. I really believe that we need to change somethings to reach out to as many people as we can and be effective in doing this, as time draws nearer for the return of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

I felt that things started well this past Sunday and I look forward to how things will continue to progress as the days go on. Please be willing to shake out the man-made ideas that fill our heads of what church should be and look like. We want to truly be a family where no one feels left behind or forgotten.

Also, be encouraged to begin and/or keep on praying and fasting for all of this as well, because we don't want to replace man-made ideas with more man-made ideas. We want the Holy Spirit to intervene and do the changes that He wants to do.

On a more specific note, personalize your prayers as you pray through this time. I'm asking Jesus to fill me with more passion for Him, the lost, and each of you so that I would be able to show compassion and empathy in every situation and not laziness and selfishness. We are in the people business and it is ALL about the people. It's about unity and coming together to see GREAT things take place. Let's OVERHAUL!

No comments: