Monday, January 5, 2009

2009: The Year of New Life

Sorry for not posting in awhile. The holidays are a busy time. Plus, I took some time off to relax and hang out with family.

I wanted to share that I am really looking forward to this coming year. I believe that this year is truly going to be a year of new life for the New Life Center. Our name, given when this church was founded, is very significant and I believe we will begin to see the blessing in our name come forth this year. There is so much that God wants to do in and through us this year to release new life in us as well as to our family, friends, and coworkers.

I've been praying for the release of new life, healing, and the gifts of the Spirit in 2009. I want to encourage you all to pray that with me. Also, starting January 18-23, we will begin our corporate prayer and fasting time. We will kick off our prayer and fasting time Sunday evening, January 18, at 7:00 pm here at the church. Then all week long at 12:00 pm and 7:00 pm, the church will be open to come in and pray.

Keep in mind the scripture verse that has come to be part of our mission:
Acts 26:17-18 The Message
17-18"'I'm sending you off to open the eyes of the outsiders so they can see the difference between dark and light, and choose light, see the difference between Satan and God, and choose God. I'm sending you off to present my offer of sins forgiven, and a place in the family, inviting them into the company of those who begin real living by believing in me.'

You got to love that verse.

No comments: