Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Ending the Fast...

We ended our fast this past Friday night by going to King's family restaurant. I know that you should watch what you eat after fasting for a long period of time, but I couldn't help myself. I got a steak. It was very enjoyable. But it's funny, after fasting and thinking about when you are going to eat again, when the time comes to eat again it does not carry that much weight. As I sat at King's and drank down a couple of lemonade's, I felt as though I had eaten. Thank You, Lord for getting us through this week and I look forward to what you will do from this.
I also wanted to share how prayer went Friday night before we went to eat. Powerful! We ended the prayer time by sharing promises that God has given us from His Word. It is something we do not do enough of. Mainly because we do not know His Word. I encourage you to get into the Word and meditate on it. If we want to overcome anger, fear, loneliness, doubt, worry, lust, pride, you name it, we need to soak our minds and quote His Word. It is how we will overcome. So get into the Word.
Here is one I found to be very meaningful for me:
Psalm 112:7 NLT
7 They do not fear bad news; they confidently trust the Lord to care for them.
Be Blessed!

No comments: