Thursday, January 22, 2009

4th Day

I can't believe we are already at the 4th day of fasting. Though my belly is letting me know. One thing the Lord showed me today was about praying for God to fill us to overflowing. So many times we pray that but we set up barriers to keep Him from truly filling us to overflowing. He gave me the picture of a fountain drink. You don't want it to overflow because then the drink gets all over your hand, all over the side of the cup, etc. We frown upon that.
I believe we have brought that it into God's world when we think about filling us to overflowing. We think it is going to be messy. And in a way, it is going to be. It is going to mess with your life, your thoughts, your actions, everything that you are. When God messes things up it is for the best.
So don't hesitate to let your cup hold the dispenser down on God's Holy Spirit fountain and overflow.

No comments: