Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Second Full Day of Fasting

We began our second annual week of praying and fasting Sunday evening. There were a few of us who braved the weather to come in and seek the Lord. This year, I tried to prepare my body by only eating one meal a day a few days before I went in to not eating anything. The transition was not to bad, though I find myself thinking about eating. But it is not a feeling of eating because I am hungry but more a feeling of eating just to eat. There is something about putting something into your mouth as you sit around that has become enjoyable to me, and many Americans. That is a problem and one that I want to see fixed now, while I am still young. I want to develop in myself the need for God's Word more than food.

One thing I am really seeking Him for this week individually is for a greater boldness in sharing my faith and being a servant to those around me. I don't want to ignore needs when I know the One who can respond to those needs whether through me or supernaturally through my prayers. For example, yesterday I was leaving the church to head to my basketball game. There was an elderly gentlemen who had gotten his van stuck in the snow covered parking spaces that are in Ford City. Elyn and I helped him get out by shoveling out the snow under his tires and giving him a good old push. Then on my way down to the high school, there was a young girl from Ford City who was stuck. I continued on to the gym to get some of my players to come help me push and we were able to help her. It felt good to help those in need.

I am also looking forward to God using me supernaturally to minister to people with needs that only God can answer. This is truly going to be a year of newlife, healing, and the gifts of the Spirit.

Please, share with me what God is showing you this week. Leave a comment. Send an email. Leave a voice mail (if I'm out). But let us spur one another on with what God is showing us this week. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Chuck King... said...

I'm so glad to see you guys seeking the Lord in prayer & fasting! I just had a healing again yesterday due to the prayers of the saints. My heart went out of rhythm again Monday night during sleep. It stayed out through Tuesday, so I contacted my doctor on Wed. They immediately scheduled me to UPMC Presby. for a shock to get my heart back to normal. I was to leave by 12:30 pm for a 2:00 procedure. But just after meeting with Herb and immediately before I had to go, I checked my pulse, and it was NORMAL!!! I had to cancel the procedure. God is Good!!!