Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Day Three has Come and Gone...

This was a great learning day for me. I actually began to think so much about food that I felt sorry for myself. Then when I went home and smelled the aroma of what Bethany was cooking for her and Isaiah, I was consumed even more with food. When I got to prayer last night, I began to talk to someone who is fasting and has to work with food for a living, their a chef. Talk about temptations everyday, compared to my one hour of aroma temptation. They shared with me that they had been getting through each day because they knew there is something greater than food and His name is Jesus. I was ashamed. I had taken my focus off of Him and put it onto food, even though in my mind I was trying not to do that.

The desire for the things of this world are great within all of us. Food dominates our lives. I'm not saying we don't need food, but it can consume us. Just like everything else that we might be fasting from. These things consume us and become our greatest desires. When in reality, Jesus wants to be our greatest desire. The desire for Jesus should consume us instead of the desire for food, recreation, or whatever. Then comes the delicate balance of keeping healthy spiritually, physically, emotionally, and socially. But it all must start with a greater desire for Jesus.

May we all realize what our desires are, confess and repent if our greatest desire is not Jesus, and ask Him for strength to turn things around. Don't miss out on what He has for you just because you are so focused on the things around you. Become the spiritual being that Jesus created you to be.

No comments: