Friday, May 30, 2008

Prayer Request

There has been a lot on my mind the past few days and thank the Lord I'm getting through. One of the things that has been on my mind is Ford City's Baccalaureate. I get to preach the message and it has been an honor to do this but also a little nerve racking. Being out of my element by being in another church, Christ Prince of Peace, and having to put everything together very orderly. Keeping things orderly is something I need a lot of practice on.

The message is Encounter, and I really want to see those seniors and their friends and families encounter the Lord in a real way this Sunday evening. I saw the seniors that gathered today for practice at Christ Prince of Peace. My heart burns for them to encounter Jesus and to make Him their Lord and Savior. I know I only have about 10 or so to grab their attention and I'm praying that in those first few minutes their attention is taken by the Holy Spirit and that their hearts begin to beat in their chest and they will hear everything that the Lord would speak through me to them. Maybe I won't even have to speak, the Holy Spirit will already come upon them. Pray that there will be a tangible move of the power of the Holy Spirit that everyone can witness and be a part of. Pray that those seniors will sense how much God loves them and how much He wants to meet them face to face. Pray for me that I will not be nervous, scared, timid, but that I will fearlessly proclaim His Word.

No comments: