Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Upon further review...

Thanks for your patience as I looked in to somethings I had read about Todd Bentley and Florida. What I know is that this is taking place in an Assemblies of God church in Lakeland, Florida. It has been going on since April 2. It has brought about many salvations and healings. The main speaker is a man named Todd Bentley. I read some troubling statements about him that I cannot prove true. I know some trust worthy people who have attended the meetings and feel that they are truly from God. They said that you can see the fleshly hype in some of the people, and you will always have that when God begins to move. But the whole gathering is very powerful.

Time will tell of the fruit that will come from this and that is always the measure when God moves on anybody or in any place, the fruit that is bore. We must only keep our eyes on Jesus and let Him lead and guide us into an encounter with Him. I don't know what that will always look like so we are not just running after someone else's experience but after Jesus. More to come on Sunday as I take time to look into some things that have come to be signs of revival and whether they are Biblical, acceptable, or should we just throw them out.

No comments: