Thursday, August 21, 2008

My Heart is Breaking...

I'm struggling with something today and I'm going to share with you all what that is. I'm struggling with the situation that has come out about Todd Bentley having an "unhealthy relationship" with a female coworker and stepping down from ministry, Terry MacAlmon (he is a piano player who we listen to sometimes while we are praying at church) having an affair and stepping down from ministry, and now Mike Guglielmucci (the guy who wrote the song Healer) not really having a terminal form of cancer and stepping down from ministry. What is going on?

What's even more devestating is those who will be devestated because of the news of these 3 gentleman. But something the Lord showed me today that I need to be careful and that we all need to be careful of is this, God will seperate the sheep from the goats Matthew 25:33. The Lord revealed to me though that we will know who the goats are because unlike sheep, goats will eat anything. You name it and a goat will eat it or try and eat it. Now I'm not calling myself a goat, nor am I calling anyone else a goat. What I am saying is this, we need to be careful what we buy into so that we are not deceived. And being deceived is so easy. I mean look at the song Healer. That is a powerful song. The story behind it was inspiring. I don't think there was anyone who would have ever thought he was making up that story. But here it is, he was lying and we've been deceived.

The main point that I want to make through this post is that we cannot look at man, no matter what gifts they might be operating in, as "Superman" or "The Man." I think we as Americans can tend to gravitate to those who look like they have power and prestige, instead of drawing nearer to God. Remember, we are just a bunch of cracked pots that God fills up for His glory. It isn't about Craig Riggle becoming incorporated to house the anointing that God has given me. It's about Craig becoming less and Christ becoming greater and receiving ALL (John 3:30).

So be encouraged to follow Christ and in Jesus' name we will not be deceived. We will just drop to our knees in prayer for these men that they may be restored.

No comments: