Thursday, August 21, 2008

Pics at the Park

This is a pic of Isaiah saying "Cheese" while we were playing at the park in Kittanning. He wanted to go for a bike ride with his dada, and so we did. That bike ride lead us to the park and what a fun time we had. He's a little trooper. He's learning a lot as he grows. He told me last night that he wanted to play basketball, football no, basketball. Precious times. My prayer is that I can learn to enjoy them. I can't let everything around me get me bogged down that I forget to enjoy these times of going to the park and the things that he says to his dada. I don't want to miss out on what the Lord is doing in building our father-son relationship. Because after all, he will get his perception of who Christ is in how I live and act. Lord, help me be a good dada.

On another note, I was able to go to ARC Manor yesterday. There was a person there who wanted to meet with a pastor. When I walked in the person was expecting an older gentleman but here was me. They were a little hesitant to open up but then shared how their spouse used to tell them you can know where God is leading you if you will pay attention to the people He puts around you. I was thinking the person was talking about divine appointments and so I shared with them that me meeting with them was a divine appointment. I used to go to ARC Manor when they needed me, but since Chloe was born and Bethany got a job outside of the house, I have to be home to watch the kids at 3:00 so that she can take the car and go to work. Well, this week Bethany is off, so when ARC Manor called me up, I said that I was able to come yesterday. If the person had been there any other week I would not have been able to come, so I encouraged them that I really felt that God wanted them to keep pursuing Him when they got out of ARC Manor. I prayed with the person and then left. But isn't it awesome how God works.

No comments: